Let’s talk stocking stuffer ideas!
It’s that fun time of the year, when we are thinking up all kinds of little things to show love to and share joy with the people in our lives through gifts. I love doing gift guides, since there are always more fun gift ideas out there than what I can give or need to find for the people in my life. I’ve done guides for Classy Gentlemen, for Ladies, for Grandma, and for Kids. This year, it’s time to cover stocking stuffers– one of my favorites!
Stocking Stuffers for Men
- Soaps, candles, or incense from Juniper Ridge (My husband is a sucker for just about anything from this company!)
- Toiletries for men by Everyman Jack or or the Beautycounter Counterman products– travel sized would be perfect
- Small tech stuff, like a flexible phone holder, great earbuds, a small portable speaker (this one is very highly rated, but there are LOTS of smaller, very affordable choices)
- A great little knife– either a pocket knife (this one with clippers looks cool), or a small folding knife
- Dude shower wipes
- Upscale natural deodorant– last year, I got this one for Jeff, and he said it was the best deodorant he had ever used. Now I use that brand, too– absolutely the best natural deodorant I have ever tried.
- Nice (or fun!) dress socks
- Nicer-than-average briefs
- This cool bamboo tea infuser (can be used to hold coffee, as well), or a hydroflask (my husband’s favorite for taking his coffee to work)
- A box of brain-teasers (or another card game)
- If the person on your list is outdoorsy, then a Life Straw would be a very sensible stocking stuffer!
Stocking Stuffers for Ladies
- Playable Art Ball– for that special fidgety someone!
- Small beeswax candles (or soy wax candles scented with just essential oils!)
- Travel sized fancy toiletries/ cosmetics
- Artisan Chocolates
- Specialty Organic Teas (We discovered Greek Mountain Tea on our trip to Crete this summer– it’s so nice and very unique, and is also great iced.)
- Simple, clean makeup staples from Beautycounter, like this Fresh-Faced Trio .
- Essential Oils (Here’s my favorite brand– high quality, and affordable. This is the blend I use most often in my bodywork practice, and my clients love it!)
- A great pocket knife/ pocket tool (this one looks cool!)
- A small, portable tool kit
- Cashmere blend socks
- A pretty glass tea infuser bottle
Stocking Stuffers for Big Kids (Including Teens)
- Specialty playing cards, like these: America’s National Parks, Animal Kingdom (benefiting wildlife conservation), Spanish, French, or German Language Learning, OR you could customize your own with a fun photo!
- Wholesome, sustainably sourced sparkly eyeshadow
- Wooden fidget sticks
- Adorable, portable speaker
- Carrying case for earbuds and charger
- Washi tape rolls
- A set of dominoes
- A fun coloring book (there are so many options for teen/tween boys and girls)
- A pocket sewing kit
- My daughter wanted to make sure I included some edible things in my list for kids stocking stuffers. So I definitely recommend lara bars, kind bars, organic chocolates, little sachets of olives and savory nuts, to name a few!
Stocking Stuffers for Little Kids
- Old-fashioned toys, like yoyos, slinkies, and jacks games
- A little book of kid-appropriate jokes
- A goofy pencil sharpener
- Sidewalk chalk, a new set of crayons, and other age-appropriate art supplies
- Cute pocket tissues
- Natural bath bombs or bubble bath
- A sweet little puzzle
- A harmonica (Think long and hard about your child’s age and your noise tolerance first!)
- A tin of fun/funny bandaids
- One of these little musical critters
Stocking Stuffers for Foodies
- A great paring knife
- A drink frother (Jeff put one in my stocking last year, and I love it!)
- A microplane– listen: if you (or your favorite cook) don’t have one yet, it’s time.
- Smoked Salt or a little tin of Maldon Sea Salt (And for serious salt fans, here’s a cool little box to keep multiple kinds on hand.)
- This real key chain bottle of Sriracha is fun!
- Smoked Cumin– trust me on this one. My brother sent me some one year, and I have felt lost without it whenever I run out. I don’t have a link for this one, and would recommend checking your local spice shop or gourmet food store.
- A tiny box of Spanish Saffron, or a pretty tin of Pimentón Ahumado, smoked paprika
- To continue on a theme of some of my favorite Spanish gourmet food items, definitely olive oil fried marcona almonds! I bought tubs of these for my family this year, and they were a huge hit when I brought them back at Thanksgiving. A little packet will be such a wonderful treat, and are great with a good sherry like amontillado or manzanilla. I think it would be fun to put together a little set of a small bottle of sherry, almonds, olives, and some cured meats to enjoy together.
Stocking Stuffers for Everyone
There are some little gifts that just work for everyone.
- One of my favorites is a coupon for a special activity, or a voucher that can be turned in for something specific at any time.
- Fun or silly underwear or socks are great for anyone in the family
- Gift certificates to a favorite spot or shop
- Special foods or treats
- Printed photos from something fun or special that happened this year (Non-digital photos are such a rare thing these days, that just going through the trouble of getting them printed is a sweet present!)
- A little card with some heart-felt comments on what good things you have enjoyed about your gift recipient this year.
I hope you find some of these ideas fun and helpful! I sure had fun writing this up, and had to make myself stop adding items. Vicarious shopping is just as fun as the real thing!
Like this post? Pin it for later!
Need some more gift ideas? Check out these posts:
This is a fantastic gift guide! I’m a tad behind…okay really behind so this is something I’m clicking through!! 🙂
Shelby @Fitasamamabear says
Brain teasers are an awesome stocking gift!
Jessica Fishman Levinson says
What a great list of ideas! So helpful!