So, I’m not going to lie– I love Christmas shopping! Even though I’m a minimalist at heart, thinking of gifts for people I love is really one of my favorite things in the world. And surprising someone with an item they didn’t even know they wanted (but they love!) is the best. Christmas is going to be on the light side for us this year, but I thought it would be fun to share with you some of my favorite gift ideas for the gentlemen in your life. All of these have been approved by our very own Gentleman-in-Residence, Jeff, and have been chosen with a tighter budget in mind.
One of the most gratifying gifts I ever bought for Jeff was a safety razor, along with a nice shaving kit. Not only is this sort of razor more budget and earth-friendly, but it gives a great shave. He has used it ever since. And Jeff’s very favorite gift ever was a really nice leather dopp kit that I gave him last Christmas. Here are my top picks for personal gifts.
- Juniper Ridge Campfire Incense
- Edward Jagger Sandalwood Shaving Soap (Seriously ladies, this smells amazing.)
- Shoe Shine Kit
- Leather Dopp Kit
- Merkur Safety Razor
- Juniper Ridge Soap
- Leatherbound Journal
What about giving the gift of a new hobby? Getting him set up to try something he’s been interested in could be the beginning of a long-term passion. That’s why I like the idea of a beer brewing kit, some cocktail-mixing items, etc. One year Jeff used his Christmas money to buy himself a coffee roaster— and let me tell you– that totally worked for me! Here are some more fun food and drink related ideas…
- Aeropress (Espresso you don’t need electricity for!) Update: I bought one for Jeff for Christmas, and we are both completely hooked! We even got rid of our little Gaggia espresso machine.
- Whiskey Rocks
- Stovetop Hot Smoker (I totally want one of these.)
- Copper Beer Stein (What a great way to enjoy a pint, right?)
- Brooklyn Brewshop Beer Making Kit
- Cast Iron Grill Pan – Jeff bought himself one, and we love it!
- Organic Aromatic Bitters
Is it just me, or are people doing less defined leisure activities? It seems like electronic entertainment has replaced good old fashioned outdoorsy pursuits and the pleasure of playing games and reading books. Let’s make a move in the other direction!
- Wildwood Wisdom by Ellsworth Jaeger
- Opinel Folding Carbon Steel Knife (Actually, I really want one of these, too!)
- Floral Pattern Bicycle Playing Cards (Why not get beautiful playing cards?)
- Wood Inlaid Backgammon Board (We have a backgammon board that we bought in Turkey, and we love it and use it a lot.)
- Wool Rescue Blanket (You know, to keep on hand for impromptu picnics!)
- Sportsman’s Hatchet (Update: I finally got this for Jeff, for Father’s Day, and he loves it. It’s perfect for chopping kindling.)
- Bocce Set (Have you played bocce? Really fun, and great for taking to the beach or on picnics.)
- Hunt, Gather, Cook by Hank Shaw
And don’t forget my roundup of 8 Fantastic Cookbooks for Gentlemen. I love giving Jeff books, and these have been a huge hit– not to mention all of the good food I’ve been able to enjoy as a result!A few more gift guides you will enjoy:
What is the most exciting or successful gift you’ve given to the gentleman in your life?
(Did you like this post? Pin it for later!)