Today I’m trying something completely new. I get a lot of questions about all kinds of things– becoming an expat, living in England, facing life’s challenges, foraging, cooking, etc. Since I write about so many different topics, the range of questions is pretty wide. And I find that I’m answering a lot of the same ones over and over again, too! So I’d like to try something different– a weekly video segment answering the questions you’re asking me. Let’s try it out, and if it seems to be helpful or something you like, then I’ll keep doing it.
Today’s question is from Rosemary. She asked me, “What do you like the best about living in England? Is there anything that drives you nuts about England?“
Here’s my answer:
And there you have it! Making a video felt a little bit vulnerable, because I wasn’t able to say things exactly how I wanted, and there is some risk of being judged or misunderstood. Or that I was boring you! I’ll take that risk, in exchange for being known a bit better, and connecting with you more, hopefully.
Here are some posts that will expand on some of the things I mentioned in this Q & A on what it’s like to live in England:
- What I Love About Where I Live: Beautiful Days in the Neighborwoods
- What I Love About Where I Live: Nature Reserves and Foraging
- What I Love About Where I Live: Crossings
- What I Love About Where I Live: Country Drives Full of Surprises
- What I Love About Where I Live: Garden Culture
- What I Love About Where I Live: Letting Mother Nature Do Her Thing
- One-Stop Shopping, Country-Style
- Expat Life: Let’s Talk About Alienation
- Expat Life: Let’s Talk About Culture Shock
- Expat Life: Let’s Talk About Loneliness
- Eating in England: An Exasperating Experience
I’d love to hear your thoughts on this conversation! Do you live in England? Would you like to move here? Were you surprised to hear my favorite and least favorite aspects of living in England? Let’s chat in the comments below!