I just wanted to write a little note to let you know that things are looking up! Our letting agent surprised us yesterday by taking us to a partially furnished property that is only available for a very affordable two-month lease. She (rightly) thought that having a place to stay from now until any home we choose is ready (most likely a month from now) would ease the pressure and sense of urgency. The place is totally cute, and in a great location. And it is in the same district school-wise as the other homes we’re thinking about the most, so Amelia should hopefully be able to transition into the local school easily and on time. We cancelled our trip to Norwich, and are going to move in tomorrow. At least then we can start feeling a little bit at home, make a decision about our future long-term situation, and start preparing for that bigger move. I am excited to be close to town, so Amelia and I can get out and do stuff during the day, and that we can actually unpack our suitcases for a while and feel at home, even if it’s still temporary. At least we know that we will only be making one more move after this!
We check out several more properties on Friday, and then we will make our decision on a home. All of the decision-making has been a little agonizing– nothing is quite right, but we need to sort of juggle lifestyle priorities and figure on the best option. Our top contender right now has a lousy kitchen: Oh, No! Here’s a preview:
Potentially cute, though, right?
More pictures coming soon.