My 32nd birthday is this month, and I hardly know what to think about it. You see, this last year has been so full of serious living, I can hardly believe it. I have to trust that 32 will be a little more peaceful. After I turned 31, this is what happened:
1. We put our house on the market.
2. We sold and gave away all of our things.
3. We moved to Germany.
4. Jeff started a new job.
5. I went back to school full time, after an 8 year “break.”
6. Amelia started her full-time student career in German kindergarten.
7. We all learned German (some of us better than others.)
8. I started this blog.
9. Our family went on an anti-inflammatory diet.
10. I lost 20 pounds.
11. Our house in Portland went through foreclosure.
12. Jeff lost his job.
13. We packed up and left Germany.
14. We took our first real family vacation, and visited France and Italy.
15. We came back to the States.
16. I was hospitalized for the first time in my life.
17. We moved to Bend, to set up our “new” life in the USA.
18. I attended a bodywork course.
19. Jeff got offered a new job, in England.
20. We declared bankruptcy (due complications from our foreclosure.)
21. Right before the end of the month, we will be (a) moving our of this house, to (b) a month of nomadic living until we (c) go back to Europe.
So, I think I’ll actually be turning 42.