Hi there! Q & A Wednesdays are back!
Today I thought I would answer a bunch of questions I’ve gotten lately about the logistics of making our move, finding a job overseas, and other practical expat-related questions.
Helpful sites for finding jobs overseas…
- Find overseas teaching positions at joyjobs.com
- Find Department of Defense School jobs here.
- USAjobs.gov has all kinds of goverment-related job listings, both abroad and domestically.
- Pedicatric medical job listings and just one of the agencies that connects clinics at US bases with contractors: Sterling Overseas.
- All sorts of positions can be searched at eurojobs.com.I will of course be adding to this resource list as I gather more information. If you have a great lead on a site, please let me know so I can add it to the list.
Other posts on expat life that you might enjoy:
- Why We’re Expats (Video)
- What it’s Like Living in England (Video)
- Our Expat Story
- Expat Life: Let’s Talk About Alienation
- When it’s Hardest to be Away
- Let’s Talk About Culture Shock (Part 1)
- Let’s Talk About Culture Shock (Part 2)
- The Importance of Being a Stranger
- Nomadic PTSD
Thank you, as always, for watching, reading, and chatting here with me and with the rest of our community! I would love to hear your experiences and questions about living overseas– please share!