Archive | Community

This post contains affiliate links.

Taking a Breather…

Hi everyone!  Just a quick note today… First of all, I wanted to thank you for all of your really kind and encouraging comments on my last post about when doors close.  And for the emails and messages.  That has been so sweet for all of us.   I don’t doubt that where we are right […]

Continue Reading
Community

Q & A Wednesday, Episode 4: Let’s Talk About Life Pace

Hi Friends!  It’s another Q & A Wednesday.  Today I’m combining two questions– one about our general daily life pace, and the other about finding time for fun kitchen and wildcrafting projects.  I think these questions are very much related, so I’ll address them together today.  I’ll also share my best productivity tip! Here’s the […]

Continue Reading
Community

Q & A Wednesday, Episode 2: Let’s Talk About Food!

Hi there!  Last week was my first video session with you, and I was nervous.  I shouldn’t have been, though– you were all wonderful and thoughtful, as usual. As I looked over the questions you have sent me, a lot of them were about food.  Rather than just answering individual questions, I thought I’d talk […]

Continue Reading
Community

Book Review: The Nourished Kitchen

A new cookbook came in the mail this week, and our whole family is excited about it!  In fact, my 7 year old daughter was the first to grab The Nourished Kitchen, and has been poring over it ever since.  She is thrilled that there are so many gluten-free recipes, and as a big fan […]

Continue Reading
Community

Book Talk

In the last couple of years, I have been doing so much more reading.  I realized at some point that I was exhausted from reading short bits online every day, and wanted the escape of plunging into a real book.  To be honest, I am not as well-read as I would like to be–my tendency […]

Continue Reading
Community

What You Mean to Me

Today I want to just take a moment to share something I’ve been thinking about with you… Not a tutorial, a recipe, a trip or a part of our English life– just me and part of my journey.  I don’t know if everyone will “get” it, but I hope you can relate in some way.  […]

Continue Reading
Community

This post contains affiliate links. This post contains affiliate links.

A Gift Guide for Ladies

How about a gift guide for ladies?  After I published 30 Classy Gifts for Gentlemen, my husband remarked that he really wished someone would make a similar one for all the guys out there to help them shop for their ladies.  Well. I am more than willing to help a guy out!  Of course, these […]

Continue Reading
Community

30 Classy Gifts for Gentlemen

So, I’m not going to lie– I love Christmas shopping!  Even though I’m a minimalist at heart, thinking of gifts for people I love is really one of my favorite things in the world.  And surprising someone with an item they didn’t even know they wanted (but they love!) is the best.  Christmas is going […]

Continue Reading
Community

8 Fantastic Cookbooks for Gentlemen

Let’s talk cookbooks! I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorites this month, as you shop for gifts or make up your own wishlists.  When we first moved overseas, we sold or gave away almost all of our books– but we have been rebuilding the kitchen section gradually, and it’s been […]

Continue Reading
Community