Pimientos de Padron

Today I have a quick and fun recipe for you– with a video tutorial! (I know, I’m nervous and excited about that.) We love Pimientos de Padron, and I couldn’t believe how simple they are to make. You should be making these all summer, in my opinion.IMG_4162All you need is some peppers, a pan, oil, and coarse salt. Plus about five minutes of your time. Here’s a video demo that I hope you enjoy. As I mention there, you can do this with any chile that is mild enough for you to eat plain– ortega chiles come to mind, and I’m sure many of you have some favorites that would do well here. The peppers we had at the feria were bigger ones, they were also good!

How to Make Pimientos de Padron

Here’s the recipe, if you like them more in written format:

What You’ll Need:

What to Do:

1. Wash your peppers, and dry them well.
  2. Heat your skillet/ frying pan over high heat, and add the oil.
  3. Pan-fry the peppers over high heat, until blistered all over, and slightly charred.
  4. Place your cooked peppers on a serving plate, and sprinkle with salt. Serve right away– you want them to be enjoyed warm!

Do you think you’ll make a batch of Pimientos de Padron? We’ve had them a couple of times recently alongside some gazpacho and slices of manchego cheese, for a light dinner on a hot evening. So perfect!Pimientos de Padron (a popular Spanish appetizer)Are there any other types of cooking tutorials you’d like to see in video form?Making Pimientos de Padrons And Here We Are...

, , , ,

27 Responses to Pimientos de Padron

1. Mel June 16, 2015 at 12:28 am #

Fun video!! I would totally watch more. Loved the music, and the vibe of your kitchen. Really fun!

• ariana June 16, 2015 at 8:21 am #

Thank so much you, Mel! I had fun making it, and glad you enjoyed. And our kitchen was a huge surprise when we moved here– it’s hard to find a really nice kitchen, and I am in love with its Spanish style!

2. Luanne Shackelford June 16, 2015 at 1:09 am #

Yum! I want some!

• ariana June 16, 2015 at 8:21 am #

Now you know how to get some! So easy to make!

3. Jennifer Dages June 16, 2015 at 12:25 pm #

It looks pretty easy. I am not a chili pepper fan at all but if they were really really mild I would probably like them. Great photos by the way.

• ariana June 25, 2015 at 8:30 am #

Thanks, Jennifer. I have actually never come across a spicy one yet! If you get mild peppers, than it’s just really nice flavor, without any heat. Really good.

4. linda spiker June 16, 2015 at 1:57 pm #

Great video and love that kitchen! Gorgeous!

• ariana June 25, 2015 at 8:43 am #

Oh, thank you Linda. I love my cute Spanish kitchen!

5. The Food Hunter June 16, 2015 at 2:52 pm #

great post!

• ariana June 25, 2015 at 8:43 am #

Thanks, Theresa.

6. Katie | The Antidote Life June 16, 2015 at 2:58 pm #

These looks so yummy – it’s making me crave tapas!

• ariana June 25, 2015 at 8:43 am #

You should definitely try them, and pick up some Manchego while you’re shopping for the peppers. The perfect snack in hot weather!

7. Renee Kohley June 16, 2015 at 3:25 pm #

Oh YES! YUM! This looks so good to me!

• ariana June 25, 2015 at 8:41 am #

I’ll bet your girls would enjoy this cooking project, too!

8. naturalfitfoodie June 16, 2015 at 6:16 pm #

So simple and I bet so tasty! I haven’t seen pimientos de padron in our area, will definitely be seeking them out. Great video, you’re a natural! :)

• ariana June 25, 2015 at 8:27 am #

Aw, thank you! I have mixed feelings about being on camera, but I do have fun doing it!

9. Irena Macri June 24, 2015 at 9:38 am #

Oh I absolutely adore pimientos de padron and I eat them at least once a day when I go to Spain. I sometimes see them at my green grocer and I’ve always wanted to make them at home so I will definitely use this recipe.

• ariana June 25, 2015 at 8:25 am #

So glad you can make them now! It’s one of my favorite tapas here, too.

10. verdaccio July 8, 2015 at 2:32 pm #

I made these with Anaheim chilis (the only mild chilis I could find at my grocery) and I crumbled some feta over them. WOW they were good! Combined them with salt and pepper shrimp and a salad for a GREAT meal!

11. Tamara August 27, 2015 at 3:44 am #

I have some beautiful peppers from the garden. Making this tomorrow night for dinner with some cheese, bread and a salad!!

12. Michael Regan June 29, 2016 at 7:32 pm #

These are GREAT !!! We used “seeded” jalapeno’s, split length-wise, in grape oil-with 8-cumin seeds.

13. Renee Kohley August 28, 2016 at 5:12 pm #

This is so easy! My husband would love this – we planted some chilis this summer (I can’t even remember the name right now but they would be perfect for this!)

14. Megan Stevens August 29, 2016 at 8:07 pm #

What a lovely video. Your accent is wonderful– loved hearing you name the dish/pepper! 😉 Thanks for inspiring me! I’d love to make this recipe.

1. Cutting Carbs? 35 Low Carb Snack Ideas - Whole New Mom - June 25, 2015

[…] Pimientos de Padron from And Here We Are […]

2. A Real Food Super Bowl Round 2… 60+ Football Finger Foods! - February 4, 2016

[…] Pimientos de Padron– And Here We Are […]

3. Feria Fun! - And Here We Are - May 25, 2016

[…] walked around, watched people dance, ate pimientos de padrón, drank wine, and enjoyed watching everyone walk by in their feria finery. The highlight was riding […]

4. The Best Gazpacho (Gluten-Free & Grain-Free) - And Here We Are - August 21, 2016

[…] One of my favorite dinners is this gazpacho, some manchego cheese, and potato chips. Bonus points for a glass of manzanilla or fino sherry! You know what else goes great with this meal? Pimientos de Padron! […]