Making Elderberry Winter Tonic
- Elderberries (you can purchase them dried, if you need to, here)
- Fresh Ginger, grated: 1 Tablespoon per cup of berries (or 1 teaspoon if you are using dried ginger)
- Ground Cinnamon: 1 teaspoon per cup of berries
- Ground Cloves: 1/4 teaspoon per cup of berries
- Raw Honey, preferably local: 1/2 cup per cup of berries
Take a teaspoonful daily during cold and flu season, or use it in delicious ways: as a pancake syrup, mixed into yogurt, as a drink mixer… There are so many ways to enjoy it, so even if you never get sick, it’s a fun thing to have on hand.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.